Monday, February 14, 2011

{In the kitchen} with Orange Rose and Rose (Geranium)

The other day I cut the Rose (Geranium) and Orange Rose into bars and cut a few sample sizes too. The color of the bars aren't exactly what I wanted, but I think overall they turned out very close to what I wanted in every other area other than color. I am trying out plant-based ways to color my soaps to keep them as close to natural as possible. Every now and then I use oxides or ultramarines- but as rarely as possible. So these bars were colored with hibiscus powder and a bit of paprika to add a bit of orange color. I wanted the rose to be a faint pink (from the hibiscus powder) but that didn't happen. Here are a couple examples of what they turned out like. Above is a 1 oz. sample of Orange Rose as well as the two pictures below



 Above are the bigger chunks of both the Rose {left} and Orange Rose {right} and below is a shot from above.

 Below are some samples of the Rose {Geranium}


They are available in March.

4 comments:

  1. Susan,

    You're awesome. And your website is very professional. I have no doubt you will be on Cloud 9 with all you success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks amazing. Can't wait to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! You all are great motivators to do better.

    ReplyDelete